Luke Perry’s daughter slams internet trolls criticizing her ‘grieving process’

As Luke Perry‘s daughter grieves her father’s death, she’s also continuing to celebrate life — just as he would have wanted her to.

In a candid social media post on Monday, Sophie Perry revealed that in the wake of her dad’s death one week ago, she has faced criticism from internet trolls that have shamed her for her language, wardrobe and “grieving process.”

“Since my dad died I have received a lot of attention online. And most of it has been positive but of course, some people just can’t be nice,” Sophie began her Instagram post, which she wrote alongside a selfie. “And I’m here to say that I did not ask for this attention, I did not ask to be thrown into some virtual spotlight, and while I don’t mean to offend anybody, I’m also not going to cater to any one else’s needs and beliefs.”

Said the teenager, “I’m 18. I swear like a sailor and sometimes I dress like a hooker. And I support causes and you may not. And most importantly. I am going to laugh and smile and live my normal life.”

Although Sophie said that she is mourning in private, she’s not allowing her father’s loss to prevent her from embracing the present.

“YES I am hurt and sad and crying and beside myself with what happened to my dad. It’s the worst thing to ever happen in my life. And I am torn the f— up over it. But I’m not going to sit in my room and cry day in and day out until the internet has deemed it appropriate for me to do otherwise,” said Sophie.

“And if you knew my dad you would know he wouldnt want me to. So you shouldn’t either,” she continued.

Sophie concluded, “So to those of you shaming me for my language and my wardrobe and most disgustingly, my grieving process, do us both the favor and just unfollow. It’s a waste of both of your time.”

Last week, Luke’s rep confirmed that the Beverly Hills, 90210 actor had died at age 52.

“Actor Luke Perry, 52, passed away today after suffering a massive stroke,” read a statement from Perry’s rep. “He was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiancé Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends. The family appreciates the outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Luke from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time.”

Luke was hospitalized after suffering a stroke on Feb. 27 after paramedics were dispatched to his home in Sherman Oaks, California. A source told PEOPLE he never regained consciousness.

The actor remained “under observation” for five days but died on Monday, March 4.

One day after his death, Sophie spoke out about losing her father.

“A lot has happened in this past week for me,” she captioned her Instagram post of the father and daughter. “Everything is happening so fast. I made it back from Malawi just in time to be here with my family, And in the past 24 hours I have received an overwhelming amount of love and support.”

“I cannot individually respond to the hundreds of beautiful and heartfelt messages, but I see them, and appreciate you all for sending positivity to my family and I,” she continued. “I’m not really sure what to say or do in this situation, it’s something you aren’t ever given a lesson on how to handle, especially when it’s all happening in the public eye. So [bear] with me and know that I am grateful for all the love. Just, being grateful quietly.”

Luke shared both Sophie and son Jack, 21, with ex Rachel “Minnie” Sharp.

Following Luke’s death, Jack also posted a touching tribute in honor of his dad.

“He was a lot of things to a lot of people. To me, he was always Dad,” Jack, a wrestler, began his touching Instagram post — which included a throwback photo of the father and son — two days after Luke died.

“He loved supported me in everything, and inspired me to be the best that I could possibly be,” said Jack.

Speaking with PEOPLE about her late 90210 costar, Shannen Doherty praised Luke as a family man who prioritized his children over everything else.

“Luke loved his family. He raved about his kids and how proud he was of them. He showed me videos of the often,” said Doherty. “They were his heart and for him, his biggest accomplishment.”

Read More



from Trendy News Update https://ift.tt/2VWeYZj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things you need to know before the opening bell

The Walking Dead finale recap: A flicker of hope predicts big things ahead