Howard Stern to release first book in more than 20 years

It’s been 24 years since Howard Stern released 1995’s Miss America, the radio personality’s second book following his debut literary effort, 1993’s Private Parts. But Stern, 65, has finally finished his next venture and it’s coming out this year.

Announced Tuesday, Howard Stern Comes Again will be published by Simon & Schuster on May 14.

“I’ve been waiting two years for this book to be finished, because Howard Stern told me to be patient,” said Jonathan Karp, Stern’s publisher at Simon & Schuster. “It was well worth the wait. Howard Stern Comes Again is certain to be one of the most entertaining and widely read books of the year.”

Less eloquent but quintessentially Stern, the author commented in an official statement, “F– Hemingway! I put my heart and soul into this book and could not be more proud of it.” But he elaborated more on The Howard Stern Show.

“For the last two years of my life, I’ve been involved in a project that has taken up almost every weekend, every vacation that we’ve been on. And this is something I vowed I would never do again,” he began. “Yes, Howard Stern has written a new book.”

He called the process “torture” and recalled how he once thought he “never wanted to write another book” because of the “crazy” success of the first two books.

With its first printing of 250,000 copies, Private Parts sold out over the course of hours and became the fastest-selling book in Simon & Schuster history when it hit shelves in 1993. More than 1 million copies were printed in light of the demand and the title spent 20 weeks on the New York Times‘ bestsellers list.

For Miss America, Barnes & Noble logged 33,000 sales from its publication date in 1995 and the book spent 16 weeks on the Times list. Both involved thousands of fans turning out for his Barnes & Noble author signings — approximately 10,000 for Private Parts and 15,000 for Miss America.

Howard Stern Comes Again, Stern says “is about my evolution. And this is about my interviews. This is [how] it started out: I was gonna put out a book of my favorite interviews that I’ve done. Then I said, ‘I can’t just put out a book of interviews. I’ve got to comment on them and tell you why these were good.’ Then I said, ‘Well, now I have to talk about that we moved from SiriusXM. So I started talking about the process and I started talking about my life and some of the things that have happened. I really think this is the capper of my career.”

Jonathan Kara and Sean Manning acquired world rights to Howard Stern Comes Again from Don Buchwald at BUCHWALD (NY/LA). Simon & Schuster’s international companies will also handle the sale of the work in the United Kingdom, Australia, India, and Canada.

Related content:

Read More



from Trendy News Update https://ift.tt/2VOXSwc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things you need to know before the opening bell

The Walking Dead finale recap: A flicker of hope predicts big things ahead