Parks and Recreation‘s ‘Jerry’ takes one for the team in Fyre Festival spoof at Spirit Awards

Jim O’Heir, a.k.a. kind ole “Jerry”/”Garry” from Parks and Recreation, had to “take one for the team” at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday night.

Host Aubrey Plaza, following her truly bonkers opening sketch and monologue, introduced a bit during the ceremony that featured her NBC sitcom costar spoofing that guy from Netflix’s Fyre documentary. You know the one: Andy King, the guy who was “fully prepared” to give a blowjob in order to secure water for the Fyre Festival.

“I get a call from Aubrey, who hasn’t talked to me since avoiding eye contact while filming the Parks and Rec finale,” O’Heir began. “And she says, ‘Jerry,’ which she always calls me even though my real name is Jim… ‘I need you to do me a favor.’”

With all the money spent on flying John Waters in for the Spirit Awards and not enough on actual water, she needed “Jerry” to go find a cashier named Joe at Costco and, just as Fyre Festival co-founder Billy McFarland told King to do in the documentary, “take one for the team.”

“‘Will you save this awards show and suck his dick?’ So I go home, I took a shower, I used mouthwash in advance for some reason, and I went there fully prepared to suck his dick,” O’Heir said. “And I did! Because that’s what friends are for.”

Oh, Jerry. Hopefully he, too, will get a TV deal for it.

Related content:

Read More



from Trendy News Update https://ift.tt/2U0hCN0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things you need to know before the opening bell

The Walking Dead finale recap: A flicker of hope predicts big things ahead